Women in the Middle East - Forum

8/14/2014 4:52 PM   Claire
Is it recommended that western women avoid studying in the Middle East from a general perspective? The Middle East is currently my field of interest and would like to study according to that business climate, but am unsure if I would be compromising my safety by moving forward.

RE: Women in the Middle East
8/18/2014 4:46 PM   Eleni
It's very interesting to consider the topics of women's issues in the middle east together with western women's interest in studying there. Read this interesting article on the topic from NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/fashion/08Abroad.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

9/1/2014 11:28 AM   razr1984
I would just be careful where you go - these things can vary between countries or even regions.

9/2/2014 8:16 AM   samirm
The UAE can be a good choice for women. They have come a long way and are by far ahead of other Middle Eastern countries.

9/2/2014 3:21 PM   Claire
Thanks to all of you. I am really considering an MBA which is based in the UK, but offers an exchange in Dubai for a limited period of time. I get that Dubai is full of expats and logically, shouldn't be too bad, but I just wanted to get another perspective.

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login