MBA in oil industry - Forum

9/16/2011 9:11 AM   Michael
I have no degree but have some 34 years experience in the oil industry holding a management position for some 16 years. Will I have a problem to enrol in an MBA program? And which would be suitable for me?

RE: MBA in oil industry
9/27/2011 2:57 PM   Searchmba.com Team

Michael -
There is a fantastic range of MBA programs for the Oil & Gas industry available Typically the entry requirements include:

- An Honours degree awarded by a university, or an equivalent overseas, or professional qualification.
- At least four years, postgraduate, managerial work experience.
- Evidence of career progression, responsibilities, and achievements.
- GMAT is not required for this programme
- Competence in English

However, individual consideration is given to exceptional candidates who do not have the academic qualifications but can prove their ability to achieve. The school may ask you to take GMAT as an indicator of academic ability. The school places a great value on sharing work experiences as part of the learning process, and given your extensive professional experience this programme should be a great fit for you.

Good luck on your search!

5/16/2014 3:32 PM   Abel
I was faced with a similar situation this year. I also have no degree, but instead have 16 years experience working offshore. Just applied for an MBA this spring and am still waiting to hear the results. Wish me luck!

5/19/2014 2:10 PM   Richard
Hi Abel,

I believe that we may be in a similar position in terms of a lack of degree. If I may ask, what was your job role?

5/20/2014 8:19 AM   Abel
Hi Richard,

I am currently working as a Drilling Supervisor offshore in Aberdeen. Are you looking into an MBA as well?

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login