mba in sweden - Forum

9/1/2014 9:14 AM   punja.a
please provide information on studying in sweden.

RE: mba in sweden
9/4/2014 10:11 AM   SearchMBA

Hi,

Sweden has a lot to offer when it comes to study programs. It is primarily known for having high-quality education at no cost or at an affordable price (compared to one's home country). Due to recent changes in Swedish law, masters programs are no longer free for non-EU residents. However, if you become a permanent Swedish resident (the process takes 2 years), then you can qualify for free Masters study.

When it comes to MBAs, the large majority of the programs are Executive MBAs (requiring 3-5+ years of professional experience), This is primarily due to the Swedish university system which encourages most students to pursue a bachelor and master degree at once. Thus, many Swedish students who attended university already have a masters degree, making an MBA a later step in their professional and academic careers.

You can see the full list of MBA programs in Sweden, here.

Hope this helps,

SearchMBA

9/11/2014 10:50 AM   Jessica

Hi punja.a!

I am an American student who is currently studying in Sweden, so I thought I could send you some more personal advice on the matter.

I am enrolled in an International Business Management Master's program, and I have had such a great experience in the country. I was nervous how the courses would be taught, if there would be language barriers, and just overall moving to a new country, but everything in Sweden has exceeded my expectations.

The courses are quite interesting and comprehensive, and all of my professors have come from well established backgrounds. Many of them are well known in the research world, while others have decades of real world experience. This is such a great combination, as many times in studies you may only learn the theory and never really how to apply it when you get into the job force. My program has had several "real-life" modules allowing us to perform research and interact with businesses in the community and globally.

Swedish people are quite wonderful as well, and are so welcoming and open to new visitors to their schools and their country. As stated before, I was nervous to make the move, but have grown quite accustomed to the laid back lifestyle of Sweden and their traditions, especially their love of coffee :).

I would definitely recommend studying in Sweden and hope you get the chance to!

All the best!

9/26/2014 8:51 AM   punja.a
Thank you Jessica

10/9/2014 8:35 AM   sudhir89
Thank you for the information. I think I would like to study in sweden as i value education, but come from a poor home.

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login