Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Shanghai Jiao Tong University International MBA (IMBA) with a global perspective & a Chinese focus
The IMBA program at ACEM is unique in that it offers students a global perspective with a Chinese focus, taught in English, utilizing foreign professors and exchange programs. For international students, free courses in the Chinese language will be provided, at any level from beginning to advanced, alongside the MBA courses.
ACEM’s IMBA program attracts top domestic applicants who learn alongside international peers and exchange students. The IMBA is ideal for MBA candidates seeking to grasp both Eastern & Western business concepts and practices, giving students an essential advantage as our world becomes increasingly smaller and interconnected. ACEM also boasts many cooperative relationships with universities throughout the globe.
Backed by Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s century-long history, ACEM prepares IMBA graduates to meet the needs of economic globalization with both solid professional experience and modern managerial theories. Our professors hail from top universities in China and around the world, ensuring that students receive superior training from highly qualified and experienced teachers.
Application and Admission Requirements
Shanghai Jiao Tong University International MBA Application Information for foreign applicants
- Three Years after obtaining an accredited bachelor's degree, or five years after obtaining an associate's degree
- GMAT - applicants with a score of 600 and above will be given priority
- Official transcripts bearing university stamp or seal
- A list of full and part-time employment history
- A full description of past employment history, including core responsibilities, most significant challenges and accomplishments
- An updated CV
- Two letters of reference are required from current supervisors or professors
- A 500 word essay written
- Documents of English or Chinese language proficiency
Degree and diploma etc.
The Master of Business Administration title conferred upon graduation is recognized by academic and professional bodies from all over the world.
The International MBA program from Shanghai Jiao Tong University is accredited by the Association of MBAs, AACSB and EQUIS.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University International MBA Curriculum
The Shanghai Jiao Tong University International MBA curriculum emphasizes both international and Chinese business studies, which allows participants to develop international viewpoints while learning about the domestic market. In keeping with the highest international standards, this IMBA curriculum is on par with other top business schools from around the world. Additionally, the Shanghai MBA program is the only MBA program in China to have a triple accreditiation!
Through inviting professors with international academic backgrounds with an interest and understanding of China, and practical application via domestic and multinational case studies, our curriculum provides added value through a variety of international and Chinese perspectives.
Module 1: Preparatory Courses
- Management Literature Reading & Presentation
- Management, Teamwork & Communication
Module 2: Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Macroeconomics & Public Policy
- Multinational Strategic Management
- Information Technology
- Data Models & Decision-Making
- International Marketing Management
- Operations Management
Module 3: Compulsory Courses
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- International Business Law
- Game Theory
- Business Ethics and CSR
Module 4: Optional Courses
- International Business
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Project Management
ACEM IMBA Faculty
Antai’s Shanghai Jiao Tong University International MBA faculty consists of world-class teachers with extensive experience in research and industry. The IMBA offers high-quality international and professional faculty members who form a solid foundation for ACEM’s vision, “To be a leader among the nation's business schools, a top business education provider in Asia, and to build a world-class reputation”.
At IMBA, many of our faculty make significant contributions in industry and government consulting, and hold senior offices in national professional associations.
The fact that teachers come from different universities, cultures, and backgrounds contributes positively to the exchange of scholarly opinions and ideas, and promotes a free and creative academic atmosphere.
Expenses / Tuition Fees
Application fee: ￥800 (or US $130)
Tuition ￥ 238,000
- Exchange students are usually exempt from tuition.
- For non-exchange students, the tuition per credit will be determined
- Merit-based scholarships: Full and partial scholarships are offered to almost 20% of MBA students, based on academic performance and program participation
- Corporate sponsorship: granted to students based on their application, including work experience, test scores, and undergraduate records.
- GMAT Scholarship:
- Applicants with GMAT scores of 730 or higher are awarded a scholarship of 50% of the full program fee.
- Scores of 680 or higher are awarded a scholarship of 25% of the full program fee
- 630 or higher are awarded a scholarship of 20,000 RMB.
The Shanghai Jiao Tong University - Antai College of Economics and Management is widely recognized as one of China's leading business colleges. Located in the heart of Shanghai, the Antai College of Economics and Management offers students a unique opportunity to...