IAO accreditation - Forum

6/19/2014 8:09 AM   Rajm

If an MBA is accredited IAO Houston, what is the level of recognition?

RE: IAO accreditation
6/19/2014 10:12 AM   SearchMBA

Hi Rajm,

The IAO is an independent body with accredits universities, institutions and organisations based on organizational management, academic/business management and institutional/business performance. It is not a recognised accrediting body (by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)). This essentially means that while the university may have been evaluated and met their set standards, this accreditation is not widely recognised in the United States or on an international level. It may be best to use the accreditation as a guide to the quality of the university, but I would not rely on it as a marker of prestige or name recognition, neither in the Unites States or internationally.

The three core accrediting bodies include the AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. All three of these bodies are internationally recognised.

Hope this has been helpful,

SearchMBA

6/19/2014 2:28 PM   Brent
This is good to know! I live in the US but I want to ensure my MBA program accredits me to work internationally (just in case!). Which of the three you recommended should I be looking for? AACSB, AMBA or EQUIS?

6/19/2014 4:25 PM   SearchMBA
Hi Brent,

All three of those accreditations (AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS) are internationally recognised. While they all assess universities based on slightly different criteria, they are all equally accepted.

Best,

SearchMBa

7/3/2014 8:13 AM   Veronica
You should be careful of sketchy accreditations - name recognition is everything in an MBA.

7/8/2014 8:37 AM   chris
Sounds sketchy - I wouldn't rely on some small, unknown ranking system when choosing my education.

7/8/2014 12:32 PM   Deb
Came across a very troubling article about this accrediting body:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/putting-fake-diplomas-through-third-degree/story-e6frgcjx-1226164316429?nk=b312b153ef05084b4211bd1df681cf94

10/10/2014 5:06 PM   aishasahibaa
This accreditation is absolutely sketchy and not real. You should not trust it.

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login