post graduation options in the MBA field - Forum

10/13/2014 9:38 AM   suraj gunjal
i want to do MBA........and currently pursuing bachelor in mass media...but i am truly confuse regarding my further carrier ... and i don't know anything about what post graduation options are there for me in the MBA field after the bachelor,s degree ?? and which kind of job they will offer me in the industry??and what is the salary package?? and which MBA is suitable for me.....can i go for MBA in finance... as a mass media graduate... i will be very thankful to you if you guide me...

RE: post graduation options in the MBA field
10/13/2014 4:15 PM   SearchMBA

Hi suraj gunjal,

Getting into an MBA program is very much about the total package - meaning your bachelor's degree is only a part of it. After graduation, I would recommend that you find employment in an industry that you find interesting and gain a bit of professional experience (which many MBA programs will require).

From that point, you can pursue an MBA in whichever direction you would like - it does not have to be limited to the field of media. However, if you would like to go into finance or a technical field, you may have to take supplementary courses to ensure that you have the foundational knowledge to succeed in such a program.

Upon graduation from an MBA, one can expect to be hired in the upper management strata of a company. Salaries will of course depend on the industry, specific position, school from which you got your MBA and the specifics of your profile. MBA graduates typically see a large increase in salary in comparison to their prior earnings.

Since you are pursuing you BA in mass media, I'd recommend that you look into an MBA for the entertainment industry. There is actually quite a large demand for talented and business-minded individuals in the entertainment industry. You could also select a focus in marketing and aim towards a management position within the marketing field.

Hope this is helpful.

Best,
SearchMBA

10/16/2014 1:12 PM   Dr. James Dellaney
As media is a large part of business and marketing today, there are many outlets that you can take in your career. You need not worry.

Dr. James Dellaney

11/4/2014 4:05 PM   josm

I believe that in terms of post-MBA employment, the media and entertainment industry pay significantly lower than other industries, at least according to recent surveys of MBA intern salaries in that field.

6/19/2015 8:37 AM   supriya
Im pursuing my graduation right now I just passed out my S.Year in Bachelor of Commerce and will be doing Final year in 2015-16. after my graduation I am planning to go for MBA but not able to decided the field in it. I am also working from last tow years as Admin in IT Hardware company. Kindly help me with your guidelines for a bright future.

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login