MBA Dilemma - Forum

7/22/2014 6:49 AM   SaurabhJain

I have completed my Engineering in Mechanical. And now I am confused whether to opt for PG in MBA or go for Job. Help please..

RE: MBA Dilemma
8/5/2014 4:32 PM   SearchMBA

Hi SaurabhJain,

An MBA combined with education and experience in mechanical engineering can open many opportunities. 

Under the best of circumstances, an MBA can provide mechanical engineers with an edge by enabling them to understand an organisation from both the business and product perspectives. 

On the question of whether to go straight for the MBA or get work experience first, that depends on what your long term career goals are and the admissions standards of your prospective universities (many universities require professional experience for admission). If you are hoping to work in a management capacity rather than in a technical role, then an MBA is very likely to help you career. 

Best,

SearchMBA

9/3/2014 3:25 PM   Rob
I agree with working a bit before doing an MBA. How can you possibly figure out what you want to do with your career without testing out the waters first?

9/5/2014 2:03 PM   Karim
Rob, agreed.
SaurabhJain, you should go an get some experience.

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login