Crossroads - Forum

9/3/2014 3:30 PM   prefer not to say
I just lost my job, Trying to see this as a good thing and finally create my own company as I always wanted. Any thoughts?

RE: Crossroads
9/5/2014 1:50 PM   matt
Sorry to hear that. What's your company idea?

9/9/2014 10:06 AM   prefer not to say
Haven't really formulated a plan yet, but I was thinking of starting my own consulting firm. I've worked in the hospitality industry for many years and I'm thinking that with some insight into management and business, I can advise restaurants on how to do better.

9/17/2014 3:15 PM   matt
Good luck with that - it's a cut throat industry. Hopefully an MBA will help with that. Just don't give up!

4/22/2015 1:02 PM   sanjay
I suggest you just write down on paper about your genuine strengths and weaknesses, honestly.
Then think whether you can build on your strength. Build a LinkedIn profile. Try for one, single potential client and try to get business from him, business of consulting in restaurants. Evaluate after a month what you have achieved. Then get back to the Forum. Best of Luck.

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login