Mikael - Forum

11/17/2014 3:31 PM   MBA in Public Administration
I am looking for an MBA in Public Administration

RE: Mikael
11/18/2014 12:50 PM   SearchMBA

Hi Mikael,

An MBA in Public Administration is actually commonly in the format of either a joint MBA/MA in Public Administration or an MPA (Master of Public Administration). These are viewed as equivalent to an MBA in the field.

Programs in Public Administration

Best Regards,

Diandra

11/19/2014 8:48 AM   Mikael
Is one option preferred over the other? Will an MPA provide the business perspective of an MBA?

11/19/2014 11:35 AM   SearchMBA
Hi Mikael,

An MPA is specifically designed for students wishing to work in the management and administrative levels of the public sector. As such, an MPA prepares students for a management role, just an MBA does. In terms of a business focus, an MPA might include courses on international relations, development, trade and finance, etc. - i.e. courses that are tailored to the business of a public body. An MBA would provide a business perspective that is more in line with the public sectors.

Hope this is helpful,

SearchMBA

12/4/2014 10:17 AM   Mikael
Hmmm..ok. So if my goal is to work in the administrative level of a public service organisation, an MPA is a better fit?
If I did an MBA instead, would that give me a lesser chance of getting a job or would that open more doors in the future?

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login