English Major to MBA? - Forum

2/16/2015 3:54 PM   Robin

I am thinking about getting an MBA and specializing in marketing but I'm not sure about my chances of getting accepted into a good program because I haven't studied anything related to business before. Has anyone gotten into a good program with an English major for undergrad?

RE: English Major to MBA?
2/17/2015 8:13 AM   Annie S.
A lot of top schools accept tons of humanities people. At my school most of the English majors ended up going into business… I think it’s more about GMAT, how well you did in school, and what you’re like as a person.

RE: English Major to MBA?
6/30/2015 6:14 PM   aa1988

Yes, I agree with the other commenter. There are lots of schools - like Georgetown for instance - that cater to students who have a humanities background. You can do a bit of searching around to find the right program for you. Each program is different and you can find schools in which your weaknesses and strengths will be addressed.

Also, if you have a humanities background, you might benefit from taking Smartly courses before the first term of your business school. Smartly helps students get up to speed in core areas like accounting, finance, statistics, and microeconomics.

Find education within category

Want to study your MBA abroad?

At educations.com, you can find and compare hundreds of MBA programs from top international universities and business schools around the globe.

Browse 900+ MBAs abroad

Register for our newsletter
Subscribe to searchmba.com newsletter about MBA programs!
User Login