Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
International Full Time MBA Programme
Become an expert in creating new, global business and receive an internationally recognized business qualification
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the most versatile and sought-after business qualification worldwide. MBA education provides students with numerous career opportunities in various fields. It is generally seen as a passport to a successful career in management due to its global recognition.
The Oulu Business School MBA is a Master´s level study programme in business administration. The programme combines courses in international business, management of technology, business strategy, human resource management, law, accounting, economics, finance, management & organization and marketing. The programme is a one-year, full-time MBA programme that allows students to get in touch and share their experiences with other students from multiple disciplinary bases during the regular course of study.
The MBA Programme is taught completely in English.
The main objective of Oulu Business School International Full Time MBA Programme is to equip its students with the skills that will enable them to recognize new opportunities in a dynamic technology-intensive business environment and constantly create new business. Oulu Business School is committed to providing professionals with the education they will need in challenging positions as managers and leaders of companies doing business in global markets.
Full Time MBA Programme details
The MBA programme consists of one year of full-time study and requires at the minimum one year residence in Oulu, and is taught completely in English. The MBA programme leads to the international MBA qualification.
By filling the Information Request Form below, you'll receive » more information on Full Time MBA Programme.
Application and Admission Requirements
The prerequisites for the MBA Programme are:
- Appropriate bachelor's, or higher level degree (or equivalent) completed in a university.
- The degree may be in business or in another field that is relevant for MBA studies or applicant’s career plans. Students with a bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a Finnish polytechnic are eligible.
- Good command of English language skills. The approved methods of demonstrating English language proficiency are as follows (choose one, documentation required):
- TOEFL (minimum score 550 PBT / 213 CBT / 79 iBT)
- ELTS (minimum score 6.5)
- Previous education in English:
- Upper Secondary Education in English in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Great Britain, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Bachelor's, or higher level degree (or equivalent) in English in any EU or EEA (*) country, or in USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Work experience in English: Minimum of one year of work experience in English in any EU or EEA country, or in USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand in a company that uses English as a common corporate language.
Degree and diploma etc.
The MBA Programme consists of one year of full-time study and requires at the minimum one year residence in Oulu. The MBA Programme is taught completely in English. Upon successful completion, this MBA Programme leads to the international MBA qualification.
MBA Programme Structure
Orientation & Core Courses
The studies in the Oulu Business School MBA Programme start with an intercultural orientation and continue with intensive coursework in specific MBA subjects. The core of the MBA programme consists of a selected combination of key courses in the fields of accounting, economics, finance, human resource management and leadership.
Specialisation Courses & Project Work
Specialisation courses will bring the unique characteristics of the multidisciplinary university into the MBA programme by combining expertise from the faculties of technology and humanities as well as from the programme's home, Oulu Business School.
The studies in the MBA programme last for one full academic year during which mandatory residence in Oulu is required. The MBA specialization courses culminate with a project work that will be carried out in small student-teams. The project work will be completed in close-cooperation with a chosen company or other organization in the Oulu region, providing students with a personalised, interactive learning experience, as well as valuable contacts with company executives. At its best, Oulu Business School MBA may work as a springboard to a successful career in innovation-based start-up business. The project work will be started in a chosen phase of the first year studies and it should be finished within one and a half years from the beginning of the programme.
After completing the Oulu Business School MBA programme, the student will be able to:
- Challenge operational performance in contemporary technology-driven organizations.
- Integrate information and translate it into business opportunities that drive positive results either for an existing organization or for start-up business.
- Use the most up to date research-based knowledge in international business and technology management to develop creative solutions to real life management problems
- Manage effectively in international, technology-intensive business environment
- Master the conceptual framework in the core areas of management, such as accounting, economics, finance, human resource management and leadership.
Expenses / Tuition Fees
The MBA Programme fee is EUR 16 400. The programme fee includes a non-refundable administrative fee of EUR 500 for the applicants who have citizenship or permanent residency in any EU or EEA (*) country and EUR 700 for the applicants who do not have citizenship or permanent residency in any EU or EEA (*) country. The non-refundable administrative fee is payable upon receiving the letter of acceptance. The rest of the programme fee is payable in two installments in Fall 2011 and Spring 2012.
Oulu Business School (OBS) at the University of Oulu is an international research and educational institute for economic sciences, in Finland. . The city of Oulu is a modern growth centre, which creates an inspiring and stimulating environment for business...
Find out more about this Full-time MBA - Simply fill out your details:
No reviews available