Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Executive Masters in Health Care Administration (EMHCA)
The Executive Masters in Health Care Administration (EMHCA) program is offered in partnership with the University of Houston-Clear Lake and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Upon graduation, participants will be equipped with the tools to critically examine and evaluate issues and trends in the healthcare industry. Ultimately, these individuals will be able to effectively respond to the dynamic and changing healthcare industry at both the national and international level.
The EMHCA is delivered over a period of 24 months at Zayed University in Abu Dhabi and/or Dubai.
Application and Admission Requirements
Admission is open to males and females of all nationalities.
This programme is designed for mature and motivated individuals with a medical or business background. Individuals who are currently, or who plan to be, associated with the local health care sector in the United Arab Emirates or the international health care industry would be the ideal candidate for this programme.
Specifically, this programme will benefit medical doctors who are currently managing health care units or aspiring to do so, business majors who are working in the health care system, and government officials associated with ministries, departments, agencies, and authorities responsible for supervising health care systems.
- have earned a four-year baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher from an accredited university.
- have at least three years of mid- to upper-level management experience
- demonstrate sufficient English proficiency to manage a challenging, fast-paced program.
Executive Masters in Health Care Administration curriculum
This programme begins with the participation in a intensive one-day orientation seminar. The orientation offers a number of workshops to introduce students to the program, during which students are introduced to Blackboard (virtual classroom software), case study and analysis, library resources, and the writing of reports and reference citations.
The EMHCA is designed to prepare graduate students for senior managerial and leadership roles in their organizations. The curriculum is firmly grounded in the functional areas of the business enterprise, with a focus on the healthcare industry.
The EMHCA curriculum consists of 12 six and one-half week courses for a total of 36 credits for the Executive Masters degree.
- EMHCA 600 Ethical, Legal and Social Issues in Health Care
- EMHCA 601 Managing in the Health Environment
- EMHCA 602 Human Resource Management
- EMHCA 603 Accounting for Decision Making
- EMHCA 604 Leadership and Strategy in Healthcare Administration
- EMHCA 605 Quantitative Methods and Computing for Managers
- EMHCA 606 Comparative Health Care Systems
- EMHCA 607 Managerial Epidemiology
- EMHCA 609 Health Economics and Financial Management
- EMHCA 610 Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- EMHCA 611 Healthcare Planning and Marketing
- EMHCA 613 Healthcare Information Management
- Graduate students in the program will also conduct a local internship and/or an international field trip (EMHCA 612 Field Experience)
Expenses / Tuition Fees
Choosing the right university for your graduate studies can give you a competitive advantage in today's global environment. Zayed University has a well deserved reputation for academic excellence in the Gulf Arab States since 1998 and is recognized as one...
No reviews available