Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MBA in Technology ManagementWestminster College Bill & Vieve Gore School of Business
The MBA TM is designed for the engineer, scientist, or technologist who needs more education and experience in the management of the firm. The MBA TM will prepare you for the unique nature of technology intensive firms in such areas as the following:
- intellectual property law and strategy
- financing technology-intensive projects
- managing project/product development
- leveraging intellectual property
- marketing technology products
- managing the technology team
Through a combination of technology-specific and business management classes, you will achieve the MBA skill-set, with an added expertise in technology.
Want to know more?For more information about MBA in Technology Management, please submit an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
Application and Admission Requirements
Many students can complete the program between 2 to 3 years; however, this varies with each student's commitment and requirements to complete the program. Please see the Academic Catalog for specific class listings and requirement information.
- Core of the program: 35 credits
The core 35 hours of coursework is designed to give you a solid foundation in technology commercialization. These interdisciplinary courses help you understand the business issues around bringing new technologies to market in either existing firms or in entrepreneurial undertakings.
- Electives: 4 credits
Electives can be used to help you individualize your degree to your desired career goals.
What is special with the Westminster MBA TM program?
- The program is highly customizable to help you meet your individual career goals.
- The core courses are very interdisciplinary,
meaning that you won't learn about finance or marketing by itself;
instead, you'll understand finance and marketing in relation to how they work with other functional parts of business to achieve overall firm strategy.
- The program concentrates on both professionaland personal skill sets,
meaning that while you are building analytical tools in the financial
aspects of the firm, you are also learning to augment your personal
skill sets in leadership, critical thinking, networking, professional communication, and a long list of others.
Westminster MBATM fits into your life. If you are like many of our
other students, you have significant life commitments, and you need a
program that "fits" with these. Our program is NOT lock-step; you can take courses as you are able, as long as prerequisites are met. We have three full semesters in a year, with all core courses available in each semester. The Westminster MBA program fits.
- We believe in the balance
between theoretical preparation and practical application. When you
leave our program, you understand the theoretical principles and you have experience in applying them to business problems.
- Our program is not just a series of classes. As a Westminster MBA student, you have access to workshops, seminars, networking events with alumni and business leaders, campus events and more. And it doesn't stop when you graduate. Your participation in all of these opportunities does not cost you extra.
- Our fixed price model means that you know the full price of the program at the beginning. All class materials, fees, and even a required 10 day international trip are included in the fixed price. There are no annual tuition increases in the Westminster MBATM program. The price is truly fixed.
- If you've never studied business before, no problem.
We have preparatory opportunities available to help you get up to
speed. These self-paced materials are available to you as part of the
overall program cost.
Quotes from the Technology Community
"Workable technology without commercialization is empty and commercialization of products without excellent technology only fills a slumlord's junkyard. The Technology Commercialization Program combines excellence in both technology management and effective commercialization to build successful and responsible businesses. This combination will also put the slumlords out of business." - Richard Crangle, CEO, Crantech Research
"It has been impressive to see the Westminster faculty and business leaders come together to develop the curriculum for the Technology Commercialization program. Westminster with its intimate atmosphere is in a unique position to enable its MBA candidates to connect to the real world." - Jack Sunderlage, HP-Compaq (Retired)
"For years, inventors, scientists and engineers have chanted and followed the mantra "Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door." Unfortunately the mantra is false. Thankfully Westminster College has recognized this fact, and its new Technology Commercialization program is designed specifically to ensure that mousetrap inventors the world over have the best chance for success they can have." - David Politis, CEO, Politis Communications
The only private, comprehensive liberal arts college in Utah, Westminster College offers a strong foundation of liberal education combined with cutting-edge professional programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located where the magnificent Rocky Mountains meet the vibrant city...
Westminster College Bill & Vieve Gore School of Business
Find out more about this MBA in Technology Management - Simply fill out your details:
No reviews available