Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
UNC Kenan-Flagler’s MBA degree program features highly coordinated, flexible classes with a global perspective that prepare you to compete and succeed. The MBA degree program requires 63.0 credit hours. We place heavy emphasis on the case-study method and small group activities in our MBA classes.
We design our MBA classes with help from our corporate advisory boards. It will challenge and develop you in 3 areas recruiters say are essential for your career success:
- Asking the right questions and thinking like a general manager
- Working effectively as a leader and member of teams
- Speaking to groups and presenting your ideas persuasive
Classes are offered Monday through Friday, although individual schedules may naturally vary.
Application and Admission Requirements
Professional Experience is required of at least 2 years minimum, with 5 years experience preferred.
How UNC Kenan-Flagler Shapes MBA Leaders
Our mission is to develop our MBAs to become exceptional leaders who positively impact the organizations they lead and the communities they serve. Our integrated approach focuses on your individual development as a leader, resulting in a competitive advantage for career success.
Principles: Our classes combine the best of theory and practice of leadership.
- Required classes in leading and managing, ethics, management communication and strategy
- A wide range of electives
- “Lessons of Experience” from executive guest speakers
- Student leader elective taught by an executive-in-residence
Practice: We give you more and better opportunities (than other programs) to apply and practice the principles you learned in classes through hands-on, real-life opportunities.
- Action-learning projects with businesses or in the community
- Managerial simulations with professional role players
- Leadership days filled with interactive workshops
Feedback: You will develop an individual plan that includes self-assessment and career goal-setting. To support it, we require structured, constructive feedback.
- Multi-rater assessment from your pre-MBA employer
- Team assessments from members of your study group
- Multi-rater assessment of student leadership positions and action-learning projects
Reflection: To capitalize on that feedback, we provide safe ways to learn from your experiences and better prepare you to compete in the marketplace. You will interact intensively with successful executives and peer coaches who share their expertise through:
- One-on-one coaching
- Small group discussions
- Training sessions
Expenses / Tuition Fees
US $23,455 per academic year for North Carolina residents, US $43,979 per academic year for non-residents, which includes tuition and fees only
At UNC Kenan-Flagler you gain skills that make you highly effective in your career, developing leadership skills that prepare you for long-term success. Part of the strength of our approach comes from a culture that values community and excellence, in...
No reviews available