Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Sharpen Your Competitive Edge with an Executive MBA
The Sydney Business School Sydney campus of the University of Wollongong is one of Australia's leading centres for management education.
The hallmark of the Sydney Business School EMBA is its strong focus on strategy, leadership and the skills that executives need to operate in a challenging and changing global economy. We have spent some considerable time and effort in designing the content and delivery of our EMBA. This has been an approach that has involved extensive discussions with our international collaborators, corporate partners and alumni.
The key features to the SBS EMBA program are:
- One intake per year, with a strict quota on enrolments
- Five challenging themes, delivered in ten units
- Classes delivered over intensive long week-ends
- An intensive two-week off shore component
- Assessment via a portfolio of management reports and executive briefings
- Each participant also undertakes an individual research project
- Fees are competitive and represent real value for money
- Average time for program completion is 21 months
Want to know more?For more information about SBS Executive MBA, please submit an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
Application and Admission Requirements
Entry to the EMBA requires applicants to have a recognised bachelor's degree with average mark of 60% and 5 years full time relevant professional or managerial work experience.
In exceptional cases, candidates who do not have a bachelor degree but are able to demonstrate senior executive work experience will be considered for admission to the program on an individual basis.
EMBA programme structure
The EMBA is structured around 5 themes:
Theme 1: Know Your Business World
- Economic Analysis of Business
- Strategic Decision Making
Theme 2: Developing Competitive Advantage
- Managing People in Organisations
- Marketing Management
Theme 3: Gaining Operational Efficiencies
- Supply Chain Management
- Information Systems
Theme 4: Funding the Business
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Strategy
Theme 5: Planning Into Action
- Governance and Ethics
- International Business Strategy
An EMBA as an investment in your future
An Executive MBA is one of the best investments you can make for your future. The skills, knowledge and insights you’ll gain will be an important point of difference when pursuing career opportunities in today’s competitive job market.
The Sydney Business School’s EMBA was created specifically for mid to upper level managers or entrepreneurs who have extensive experience in their field of expertise but are seeking to broaden their business knowledge base. Our program focuses on the business strategy and managerial skills required for senior leadership.
The Sydney Business School EMBA experience offers:
- A format that best accommodates the work schedules of rising managers and executives. Each unit is delivered over a 3 day weekend.
- One intake per year, with a strict quota on enrolments so as to promote strong networking opportunities and interactive classroom discussion.
- Five challenging themes, delivered in ten units, built on a solid general management core that develops strategic decision making capabilities in every aspect of business.
- Work related projects that are of immediate benefit to your organisation.
- A 2 week overseas module that gives participants the opportunity to experience a new business environment and culture (cost included in the course fees).
- Assessment via a portfolio of management and research reports.
- Competitive fees that represent real value for money
- A completion time of 21 to 24 months.
Program delivery from our Sydney CBD Campus in Liverpool Street, just near Hyde Park. Our goal is to develop a new generation of leaders, positioned to meet the business challenges of today and tomorrow, and provide individuals with solid business skills and the ability to communicate a vision for the future.
Expenses / Tuition Fees
Tuition fees for the EMBA programme are currently $42,075.
This includes tuition fees, catering whilst attending classes, course materials, residential weekends and a two week overseas trip including airfare and accommodation.
Excellence in Business Education
Sydney Business School’s hallmark is their strong focus on leadership and commitment to developing the ability of students enabling them to negotiate complex business environments. The Sydney Business School (SBS) has programs of study that are challenging and academically rigorous....
Sydney Business School
Find out more about this SBS Executive MBA - Simply fill out your details:
No reviews available