Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
An innovative, international program | A rewarding experience
Melbourne Business School recognises that it is increasingly difficult for senior managers to devote time to postgraduate study and enhance the skills required to perform more effectively at the top executive level.
The MBS Executive MBA (EMBA) revolutionary, intensive, modular structure which enables senior executive participants to combine study with an already busy schedule
The MBS EMBA features a revolutionary, intensive, modular structure which enables senior executive participants to combine study with an already busy schedule. The EMBA is structured so that participants can separate their study from work and personal commitments.
Melbourne Business School's EMBA is completed through four, one-month, fully-residential, intensive modules spread across a 14 month period. Participants return home and to their workplaces to apply their learning between modules. There are no formal study requirements during those intervals.
The program’s dynamic learning experience is enhanced through:
- limited numbers (approx 30-40 selected for each intake)
- a demanding, exciting and creative program with a diverse range of learning methods (varying from interactive class discussions, case studies and group problem solving to experiential activities and formal presentations)
- the provision of a true executive peer network of senior, like-minded professionals
- participants who bring real experience and current business situations to the classroom, analyse key principles and test management concepts
- a global ‘classroom’ located in Australia (Melbourne), USA, Germany and China
- a leading faculty from around the world.
The program is ranked in The Financial Times Global Top 45 EMBA programs, a testament to its relevant, rigorous curriculum tailored specifically for senior executives.
Want to know more?For more information about The MBS Executive MBA (EMBA), please submit an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
Application and Admission Requirements
MBS’ EMBA program is for senior managers with 10+ years of work experience, including significant experience at a managerial level. Participants have a track record of professional career progress.
Degree and diploma etc.
The Executive MBA from Melbourne Business School is a world-class degree. Our graduates receive a full Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Melbourne.
EMBA program structure
Intensive, innovative, international design
The Melbourne Business School Executive MBA (EMBA) has been specifically developed to meet the realities of today’s business environment.
- Four one-month fully-residential modules over a 14 month period
- Participants return home and to their workplace and apply their learning during the three-four month interval between modules
- No formal study requirements during those intervals
The EMBA is designed to address the challenges of long-term study commitment. This program is ideal for executives and senior managers who are ready to position themselves for the next major step in an already successful career. These managers are capable of intensive and focused study, but are time-poor.
Advantages of the EMBA program
Advantages for you and you employer:
- Stay on the job - no need to relocate to Melbourne
- The format of the program minimises work disruption and allows participants to maintain their responsibilities
- Short duration - 14 months elapsed time
- Learning is applied after first module
- Work travel commitments unconstrained by study requirements
- Accelerated leadership and management development for benefit of the employer. The program will build on a participant’s previous experiences and assist in:
- developing their people skills through team building and mixing with a variety of people
- gaining an international perspective
- developing creativity/innovation and the ability to “think outside the box”
- developing strategic thinking - move the business on
- real world problem solving ability
- further developing project management skills.
- A recognised, accredited, rigorous program of study
- Opportunity to build great networks to advantage the employer (including EMBA and MBS Alumni membership)
- Increased staff retention through the motivation of undertaking this program - EMBA is not a job exchange
- Opportunity for employer to ‘backfill’ - audition and develop other rising stars
- Close contact between faculty, industry and government enterprises
- Melbourne Business School’s philosophy of educational excellence with total integration of theory and practice
- All participants are at a senior level and quality with diverse background in terms of organisations represented, work experience and academic background
- Exit with a University of Melbourne MBA degree
- Keep the job, keep the family, complete a world class MBA - a great experience.
Expenses / Tuition Fees
The financial commitment for the Melbourne Executive MBA is A$96,000.
The program fee includes:
- Text books and study notes
- Accommodation (in Melbourne and overseas) for the duration of the four modules
- Most meals on class days for the four modules
- Melbourne University, Kellogg School of Management and WHU fees.
Melbourne Business School (MBS) is one of the largest business schools in the Asia Pacific for management education and executive development, with four locations in Australia and one in China. Melbourne Business School offers a range of degree and executive...
Find out more about this The MBS Executive MBA (EMBA) - Simply fill out your details:
No reviews available