Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MBA in Tourism Management - A 1-year specialized Master of Business Administration program
The MBA program specialized in Tourism Management offered by the International Graduate Center - Hochschule Bremen provides candidates with the knowledge and practical management skills to successfully lead hospitality and tourism ventures. The multicultural learning environment and its practical business premises secures candidates' successful careers in the tourism industry.
This one-year English-taught MBA program was designed by renowned faculty and professionals with years of experience in this industry sector. The program is unique through its diverse international student body and the flexible learning environment which facilitates academic innovation and a practical orientation in hospitality and tourism matters. Today's tourism sector is recruiting more and more managers with a recognized academic qualification and with high sensitivity towards international and intercultural management needs. This accredited degree program covers all the requirements for a successful career start in tourism and hospitality.
Upon successful completion of this specialized MBA degree program, candidates will have developed specific competences which are essential to leading a successful tourism venture. This highly competitive specialized MBA program brings together ambitious candidates from all over the world who reunite their visions to develop innovative solutions for today's business challenges. Join this unique experience and apply to IGC's program today!
Upcoming start dates
- Default Event Type
Application and Admission Requirements
The general requirements for admission are:
- An academic, business-related degree (bachelor). For foreign applicants: the course director has to approve the academic degree
- One year of practical professional experience
- Proof of a very good standard of English shown by appropriate certificates (A-level English course, TOEFL paper based 560 points, TOEFL computer based 220 points, IELTS 6,0; option: English test)
Degree and diploma etc.
On successful completion of the one-year program, candidates will receive their Master of Business Administration in Tourism Management from IGC - Hochschule Bremen, University of Applied Sciences, which is recognized by academic and professional bodies worldwide.
The Master of Business Administration program specialized in Tourism Management offered by IGC - Hochschule Bremen covers the following modules:
Introduction to Tourism: Science and theory
- Culture and Cross Cultural Management: intercultural sensitivity, enhancement of knowledge about other cultures and practical skill improvement.
International Financial Management:
- Global Finance
- International Accounting
Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Ethics, sustainability and sustainable development
- Human Resource Management
International Legal and Tax Framework:
- International business law
- The practice of conclusion of contracts
- Conflict resolution in international commerce
- Marketing Research
- Development and Implementation of Strategy
International Project Management: instruments of project management and project team leadership are introduced before project organization, structuring and controlling are discussed in detail including Demand in Tourism.
Applied Project Management : Project Management, Strategic Planning and Tourism Management
The Master Thesis involves the students in actually engaging in the research or case study project and writing and finalising the thesis paper.
The Internship includes a 20-week work contract with a company or organization involved in general or tourism business or activities.
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism
- International Politics and Relations in Tourism
- Leadership Challenges
- Applications of Business Strategies in E-Tourism and Tour Operation
Expenses / Tuition Fees
This course costs € 12,900 including a maximum of € 500 for field trip (plus semester fee € 325)
The International Graduate Center is collaborative academic initiative between the University of Applied Sciences Bremen and the Graduate School for Management and Leadership. Since 2001, IGC has prepared new generations of business leaders through their Master programs, business administration and...