Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Global Executive MBAIESE Business School, University of Navarra
IESE Business School - Global Executive MBA (EMBA) Program
An MBA program for leaders who want to advance professionally and personally.
IESE's Global Executive MBA program is designed to be different. IESE provide the tools for experienced managers and executives who aspire to grow both professionally and personally.
IESE's program aims to help participants to acquire the additional skills needed to succeed in today's increasingly globalized and competitive business environment.The IESE Global Executive MBA is designed to develop leaders through the rigorous and comprehensive curriculum, delivered mainly through the case-study method, participants will learn how to make impactful decisions from a general management perspective. Learning from world class faculty and their classmates, who are international executives from the 5 continents, enriches the experience of the residential sessions in Europe, North America and Asia.
IESE is a member of the exclusive group that is among the top 1% of business schools worldwide with triple-accreditation:
IESE Global Executive MBA Program Venues
Electives available in: Barcelona, Madrid, New York and Silicon Valley.
Bimonthly: Barcelona, New York City, Silicon Valley, Shanghai
Monthly: Barcelona, New York City, Shanghai
IESE Global Executive MBA Program Class Profile
Class size: 30
Average age: 37
Average professional experience: 12 years
Living Abroad: 50%
Number of countries represented: 15 - 20
- Global mindset
- Highly motivated and driven
- Steady career progression
Application and Admission Requirements
The IESE Global Executive MBA is a selective program that seeks high-caliber participants from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and as class size is limited, applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- A minimum of ten years of work experience, with relevant managerial experience
- Strong career progression
- Bachelor-equivalent degree
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Solid analytical skills
- Proven ambition to succeed
- The ability to commit to a rigorous academic program
- Complete application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- English Language Test (waived to native English speakers, candidates with professional experience in an English speaking country and other circumstances)
- Letter of Company Support
- University transcripts
- Personal Interview
*GMAT can be waived for applicants with 15 years of experience or more, depending on background and experience. GMAT waivers will be strictly evaluated by the Admissions Committee on a one-to-one basis.
Degree and diploma etc.
What Sets the IESE Global Executive MBA Program Apart from Others?
- Personalized experience, exclusive and limited intake
- Modules held in contrasting international locations in Europe, Asia and North America
- Diverse participants: nationalities, industries, functional areas
- Outstanding and approachable faculty members
- Holistic approach: Professional and personal development
- Comprehensive general management content
- Flexible format, minimal interruption to work commitments
- Practical-oriented: in-company projects and Entrepreneurial Business Plan
IESE Global Executive MBA - Study Formats
IESE's Global Executive MBA program is offered in two different formats, monthly and bimonthly, to accommodate participants’ professional and personal lives. Divided into modules, the program includes a blend of on and off-campus learning.
Thirteen 1-week sessions
1 week every month
+ 2 1-week elective sessions
6 2-weeks sessions
2 weeks every 2 months
+ 2 1-week elective sessions
Joined sessions (bimonthly and monthly classes)
To choose between 4 elective 1-week sessions
Expenses / Tuition Fees
The total fee for the IESE Global Executive MBA program starting in 2012/13 is €95.000, including a €8.000 deposit. The remaining amount will be paid in two installments of €43.500, the first one before the first module and the second one before the fourth module.
The program fee includes:
- All course materials
- Most meals during residential modules
- Access to the IESE Business Center, library and other resources
IESE also offers scholarships of up to 25% of the tuition fee to deserving candidates giving priority to three categories:
- Emerging Countries: The Global Executive MBA program is committed to welcoming professionals from developing economies. These scholarships support outstanding candidates who live and work in an emerging country.
- Entrepreneurs: IESE is dedicated to promoting innovation on every level. These scholarships support candidates who have successfully launched a new business.
- Women in Business: IESE is committed to increasing the number of women leaders in business. These scholarships support women who have a track record of outstanding professional accomplishments.
IESE Global Executive MBA Content
The IESE Global Executive MBA is designed to take a general management perspective and gives participants a comprehensive view of the firm and the global business environment. At the same time, the case study method draws out best practices that can be immediately applied to participants' own jobs and companies.
Core topics covered are:
- Managing People & Organizations
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Human Resources Management
- Leadership: Talent & Character
- Managing Oneself
- Organizational Behavior
- Team Building
Elective modules are available during the last part of the program allowing participants to customize the program to their own preferences and needs.
Participants choose 2 out of 4 one-week modules available:
1. The Silicon Valley Experience*: Venture Capital; IT & Innovation
2. Managing Complexity
3. Trends In The New World: E-Commerce; Marketing Sales
4. Advanced Finance: International Finance; Personal Finance; Valuation
* Already included in the Bimonthly format
During the last 4 months of the program, participants are required to complete an in-company project. They have the choice to define the project and the area of focus within their company or colleague’s company. It will be supervised by a faculty member and a company executive.
Project examples include:
- Restructuring of a company unit
- Analysis of the management cost system
- Globalization strategy
- Creating new markets
- Management buy-out
- Acquisition of a new company
- Increasing production efficiency of a plant
Participants also complete an entrepreneurial business plan to develop their capacity for launching new ventures.
IESE Business School - Global Executive MBA programs for leaders
IESE Business School is widely recognized as one of Europe’s top international business schools. With world-class campuses in Barcelona and Madrid, IESE offers the MBA, Global Executive MBA, Executive MBA and PhD in Management programs, as well as a wide...