Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Georgetown University’s Global Executive MBA Program conducted on the Georgetown Campus is an accelerated Executive MBA program that concentrates on core business disciplines with a global focus.
Executives who find an alternative weekend format fits best with the demands of their professional and personal lives can pursue an internationally focused MBA in Washington, D.C. The classroom focus is on the mastery of international business fundamentals, with an emphasis on leadership and teamwork designed to produce global business leaders.
The Global Executive MBA student body comes from business, the military, non-profits, and government. About one third of the students have a prior graduate degree. Participants move through the program as a cohort, fostering a strong sense of community and close student-faculty interaction. The Global Executive MBA network reaches worldwide and develops relationships that continue after graduation.
Application and Admission Requirements
Participants in the executive education programs are remarkably diverse, coming from backgrounds in small entrepreneurial firms and the world’s largest corporations, as well as nonprofit organizations, military service, and government. Many have prior graduate degrees, which adds to the wealth of talent and experience in the school.
- Applicants holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or the equivalent from an international college or university are eligible for consideration for admission.
- A business background is not required; however, all applicants should demonstrate high potential for leadership.
- Applicants to the Global Executive MBA programs must have eight or more years of work experience and are required to submit a resume, a statement of purpose, two letters of recommendation, a letter of support from current employer, and undergraduate transcripts.
- Applicants for the GEMBA Program on the Georgetown Campus also are required to take the GMAT exam and interview with the admissions staff.
- Candidates with fewer than eight years experience may apply as a Corporate Scholar. Applicants identified by their employer as having high management potential must have five years experience and full company sponsorship in order to be considered for the program.
Executive Development and International Networking Program
Georgetown Executive Education enhances Executive degree coursework with a comprehensive International Professional Development and Networking program. The purpose of the program is to provide the most relevant, effective and beneficial set of Professional Development & Networking services for the executives who participate in MSB’s degree programs. These best in class services include access to CareerBeam, Career Accelerator, an Executive Guest Speaker and Panel Series, and individual counseling.
Global Executive MBA Curriculum
Georgetown University’s Global Executive MBA Program is designed to suit the needs of employed professionals who seek a world-class business education with a truly global perspective, while maintaining their personal and professional schedules.
The intensive 18-month course of study includes regular classes held on Fridays and Saturdays of alternating weekends, as well as four week-long residencies that provide immersive experience in real-world business projects---two domestic, and two international.
Coursework focuses on core business disciplines including Accounting, Decision Sciences, Economics, Finance, Marketing, and Management. All classes are taught by Georgetown’s distinguished faculty of leading academics and business innovators.
The Robert Emmett McDonough School of Business educates future business leaders of the highest ability, integrity and commitment to improve the world. Faculty foster a learning environment based on teaching and research that challenge students to take an active role...
Georgetown University: McDonough
No reviews available