Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Achieve your business career goals by immersing yourself in the internationally-accredited Curtin Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Aimed at experienced managers, senior managers and executives wanting to consolidate their skills and broaden their career options, the Curtin MBA combines current business theory, local and international perspectives with hands-on project work.
The Curtin Master of Business Administration (MBA) is of world-class quality having been internationally accredited by the association of MBAs. The Curtin MBA also ranks within the top 100 MBAs in the world (The Economic Intelligence Unit)
Delivered at the Perth CBD-based Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB), the program is interwoven with a core set of values reflecting our commitment to ethical and sustainable corporate governance practices. In offering flexible learning options, access to strong networks and an understanding of the specific needs of working professional students, the result is an optimal learning and networking experience.
The Curtin MBA program offers a wide selection of units as well as the opportunity to pursue majors in Strategic Procurement and Oil and Gas in conjunction with Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland.
The course will provide students with a thorough foundation in contemporary business theories. Emphasis is also placed on the creation and critical evaluation of innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments. The curriculum has a highly applied practical focus and is delivered by leading academics and business practitioners.
With a mission to develop leaders who can creatively and responsively lead sustainable organisations, the CGSB is recognised globally for its excellence in integrating social and environmental stewardship into its curricula.
Application and Admission Requirements
Course Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
Entry into a Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB) degree program is via competitive entry. There are a limited number of places available and these are allocated to the highest ranked applicants for each round of offers.
All MBA applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate (or equivalent) degree from a recognised university,
- Have a minimum three (3) years of professional work experience
- Meet the basic English language requirements via either having completed their degree in English, or achieving an IELTS overall score of 7.0 with no score being less than 6.5 on any of the components. A TOEFL score of 580 via paper-based test, 237 via computer or 100 via internet (25 in each section) is also considered as appropriately meeting the English language requirement.
Well-performed candidates without an appropriate background may be admitted but will be required to complete appropriate bridging and special course units as prescribed. In certain cases, the need to complete these special units may result in an extension of studies beyond the normal length of the course.
Awards for the Curtin Master of Business Administration
Curtin’s Graduate School of Business (CGSB) has won a prestigious national Australian Learning and Teaching Council Award for its Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. The Australian Learning and Teaching Council citations are the most prestigious teaching awards in Australia. The awards recognise outstanding individual teachers, teaching teams and university teaching programs.
- The award recognised Curtin’s MBA for its outstanding contribution to postgraduate education and the quality of student learning.
- The ALTC Award complements the announcement by The Economist Intelligence Unit which ranked the “personal development and educational experience” of the Curtin MBA 5th in the world.
- Overall the CGSB’s full-time MBA was ranked 93rd in the world with only four Australian universities ranked in the top 100 this year. The full-time MBA was ranked 10 in Asia and Australasia.
- The CGSB was the only university in Western Australia to make the top 100 list.
- The CGSB is one of only three Australian universities with Association of MBAs accreditation in Australia.
As proof of our commitment to providing you with a flexible study environment, the Graduate School of Business does not limit you to only enrolling at the start of an academic year. An application to study can be lodged at any time throughout the year and successful applicants may commence studies in any of our trimesters - in January, May or September.
|Study Period||MBA application deadline|
|Trimester 2: 10 May 2010||2 March 2010|
|Trimester 3: 30 August 2010||25 June 2010|
|Trimester 1: 24 January 2011||22 October 2010|
Expenses / Tuition Fees
The fees for 2011 will be AUD$38,700 (for domestic students) and AUD$44,100 (for international students).
Australian citizens wishing to undertake graduate studies may be able to access Government underwritten loans through an interest-free loan arrangement.
If the cost of postgraduate study seems too much for you to afford, your employer might be able to help. Many forward-thinking employers have developed formal Employee Education Assistance Policies (EEAPs).
Most successful EEAPs are based on sharing the costs. For example, you and your employer each pay half the tuition fees and you pay the other costs. There are several advantages to cost sharing. For instance, the fees and other expenses are generally tax deductible for both, and there is no Fringe Benefit Tax for the organisation to worry about.
Here are some other good reasons why any employer should consider giving assistance:
- It attracts and helps retain well-qualified and experienced staff.
- It increases employee job satisfaction.
- It shows a commitment to staff development and training, and to internal succession planning.
- It ensures that the organisation is at the forefront of management and industry practices and it also fosters the loyalty of staff.
Welcome to the Curtin Graduate School of Business
The Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB) has an unrelenting commitment to the pursuit of excellence and are committed to ensuring that participants are able to achieve their full potential. Our goal is to enable our students to creatively and...
Find out more about this Curtin Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Simply fill out your details:
No reviews available