Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Boston College Finance MS Program is a world-class degree taught by a world-class faculty. The highly-ranked faculty commands the respect of practitioners and scholars alike for the quality and influence of their research. That said, we expect MS Finance students to learn as much from their remarkable classmates as from the faculty, and they arrive well-prepared to contribute. The leading-edge curriculum offers an unsurpassed experience in accelerated learning that fosters both intellectual growth and the development of new tools to meet the specific current and future needs of finance professionals.
We offer our students two curriculum options - an asset management track, which stresses securities valuation and portfolio construction; or a corporate finance track, which emphasizes corporate tax issues, value-maximizing strategies, and valuation of the firm.
An extensive review of fundamental tools and concepts in finance provides students with a foundation for advanced work in corporate finance, investments and financial institutions. There are eight required courses covering these areas, and two electives in such specialties as portfolio theory, international finance and the structure of corporations and markets, though students may take electives in a wide array of business disciplines.
- The ten course program, which is accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business, is designed to be completed in one year of full-time study or 22-24 months of part-time study, both of which include one summer.
- Electives can be taken in other appropriate disciplines outside of finance, and must be advanced (600- or 800-level) courses. A faculty advisor is available to assist students with his/her specific program.
- Part-time students take two courses per semester and full-time students take four courses per semester. All students are expected to take one course during each of the two summer sessions. In some cases, arrangements may be made with the director to adjust course loads to meet personal circumstances. Students are expected to complete all requirements for the MSF degree within three years, except for those with approved leaves of absence.
The rigorous and innovative curriculum is taught by a world class faculty who are deeply committed to expanding the boundaries of knowledge and excellence in teaching.
Application and Admission Requirements
The MS Finance Program is designed for experienced professionals who are seeking to gain or deepen their knowledge and insight in finance, to broaden and enhance their opportunities within the industry, and to become recognized leaders in their fields.
- Completed and Signed Application Form
- Current Resume
- Employment History
- Two Recommendations
- TOEFL or PTE (if applicable)
Our team offers personalized career placement services for students throughout the job search process. By working closely with both our talented MS Finance students and our outstanding recruiters, the staff is able to position students into leadership roles in highly desirable companies and industries. We offer career management information for current students, networking opportunities for alumni, and recruiting information for corporate partners.
The Carroll School of Management provides graduate management education attuned to the needs of today's business world. Aligned with the philosophy of Boston College, we develop leaders and managers who bring an ethical perspective to business decision making. In addition...
No reviews available