Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Chartered Banker MBABangor Business School - Prifysgol Bangor University
Chartered Banker MBA
Dual Award of an MBA + Chartered Banker Status with Bangor Business School
The only qualification of its kind, the Chartered Banker MBA gives candidates more than just a business education. As an innovative and tailored MBA program, candidates build professional business competencies for the global banking industry and complete the program with Chartered Banker Status.
Benefits of the Dual Chartered Banker MBA (CBMBA) - Facts at a Glance
- A unique, one-of-a-kind program in the World
- Dual accreditation from Bangor Business School and the Chartered Banker Institute
- Reduced time away from the workplace with flexible, blended learning
- Study a program that suits you with tailorable elective modules
- Content that is practical, relevant and current to bank management.
Blended Learning for Working Professionals
Specifically targeted at experienced and working professionals in banking, the Chartered Banker MBA is taught via a combination of face-to-face and online learning. By minimizing the amount of time that candidates must attend class and take off work, the Chartered Banker MBA can be tailored to fit the busy work schedule of each student.
- Blackboard: Blackboard is the virtual learning platform where students can connect, download course materials and additional resources and communicate with their peers and instructors.
- Live Online Seminars: Via WebEx, students can log in for live lectures online. These lectures are also recorded and posted for later viewing, enabling students to study when it suits them.
- Recorded Lectures: In addition to live lectures, students will also engage with recorded lectures hosted by instructors.
- Face-to-Face Learning: each module comes to an end with a face-to-face revision sessions hosted in the UK.
Excellence at Bangor Business School
Bangor Business School is rated No. 1 in the UK for research in Accounting, Banking and Finance. It is the only business school in the UK to offer the dual Chartered Banker MBA, Bangor Business School has been recognized for excellence in banking & financial services research, high-quality teaching and for setting the standard of professionalism in banking.
- Bangor Business School is consistently amongst the world’s Top 15 for Banking research, according to the RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) survey, hosted by the Economic Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bangor Business School has been placed 15th in the table – the highest placed UK institution.
- In recent years, faculty at the Business School have designed and participated in high-level consultancy work in major policy studies for many leading organisations such as the European Commission, The World Bank and the UK Treasury.
In 2011, the Chartered Banker Institute led the creation of The Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board [CB:PSB], a voluntary initiative supported by leading UK banks. The CB:PSB has since developed a Code of Professional Conduct for the UK banking industry. This code of ethics embodies the highest standards of professional, ethical and technical standards.
Application and Admission Requirements
For admission to the Bangor Business School Chartered Banker MBA, candidates are assessed based on their academic and professional accomplishments. In order to qualify, candidates must have achieved the following:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent or significant professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years' practical experience in a relevant field or position
- English proficiency IELTS 6.0 (with no individual score below 5.5) or TOEFL internet based 80 (with no individual score below 16).
- Students whose first language is English or Welsh are exempt from this requirement
Applicants with approved professional banking or accounting qualifications may qualify for the accelerated route alternatives to the Chartered Banker MBA, exempting them from certain modules.
Super Accelerated Route
Candidates who already hold an MBA may be admitted to the super accelerated route, which requires four modules and results in the dual Chartered Banker MBA.Qualified bankers with appropriate executive experience may also be considered for this route.
Degree and diploma etc.
Depending on each candidate's entry route and number of modules completed, this program can lead to the following corresponding qualifications from Bangor Business School, Bangor University.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration (Chartered Banker) (4 modules)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (Chartered banker) (8 modules)
- Master of Business Administration, Chartered Banker Status from the Chartered Banker Institute.
Bangor Business School has received the No. 1 ranking for UK business schools in Accounting, Banking and Finance in the (2008) UK Government’s Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
As a one-of-a-kind program, candidates will engage with a curriculum that covers both key business and management topics as well as courses leading to Chartered Banker status. In full, the curriculum is made up of 8 compulsory modules and a choice of 4 elective modules.
Core Modules (120 credits)
- Financial Institutions Risk Management (15 credits)
- Credit and Lending (15 credits)
- Professional Ethics and Regulation (15 credits)
- Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Corporate Strategy (15 credits)
- Managerial Economics (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Human Resources / Organizational Behavior (15 credits)
Elective Modules (60 credits)
- Marketing Strategy (15 credits)
- International Banking (15 credits)
- Financial Analysis (15 credits)
- New Venture Creation (15 credits)
- Financial Crises and Regulation (15 credits)
- Islamic Banking and Finance (15 credits)
- Capital Markets and treasury Management (15 credits)
- Private Banking and Wealth Management (15 credits)
- Global Monetary and Macroeconomic Policy (15 credits)
- Financial Services Compliance (15 credits)
- Retail Banking (15 credits)
- Each of the compulsory modules is assessed by examination and the completion of an assignment.
- Elective modules are assessed based on a 5,000-word research project, resembling a mini consultancy project.
Accelerated Route for Qualified Bankers
Accelerated Route for Qualified Accountants
Super Accelerated Route (MBA Route)
Super Accelerated Route for Senior Qualified Bankers
Expenses / Tuition Fees
Total program fees are as follows:
- Full Chartered Banker MBA: £14,500*
- Accelerated Program
- Qualified Non-Banking professionals (e.g. ACCA): £11,500*
- Qualified Banking Professionals: £10,500*
- Super Accelerated Program: £9,500*
- Chartered Banker Certificate: £5,250*
- Chartered Banker Diploma: £10,500*
- Chartered Banker Single Module:£1,600*
Total fees include:
- Online seminars, discussion group and faculty support
- All course materials
- Access to Bangor University's online library and learning portal
- All assessments
- One year of student membership to the Chartered Banker Institute
A number of scholarships are offered each year by Bangor Business School. Scholarship candidates are assessed based on merit.
*price as quoted and applicable at Autumn 2014 and subject to change
*Monthly payment plans are available.
Provider: Bangor Business School - Prifysgol Bangor University
As the No. 1 university for research in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Bangor Business School offers highly competitive and tailorable business programs for professionals and banking executives. With renowned resources in research, Bangor University offers business students the best in...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Bangor Business School - Prifysgol Bangor University
Bangor Business School - Prifysgol Bangor University
MBA Reviews by students
Find out more about this Chartered Banker MBA - Simply fill out your details: