Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The AGSM Master of Business Administration (MBA) prepares graduates for leadership roles in business and government. The program incorporates scenario modelling and simulations into traditional classroom teaching, using the case study method and a strong emphasis on teamwork to develop management skills, encourage critical thinking and sharpen decision-making abilities. Students learn within an internationally recognised institution, in which both students and faculty members have significant industry experience and where you have direct access to management insights of current business leaders.
Joining an MBA program is one of the most important decisions you can make whether it is to further your current career, make a change or develop new abilities. You will meet and work with an exceptionally talented group of individuals from diverse backgrounds, many of whom have worked for global organisations. You will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve your goals. Your career and salary will accelerate, you will have life-long learning opportunities and, through the alumni network, be part of an influential global network of business leaders in 68 countries.
Reaching the top levels of global business today demands excellence, critical thinking, exceptional knowledge, communication skills and cultural awareness. All of which the AGSM MBA program is designed to nurture.
For over 30 years our students have been accelerating their career and personal goals with an AGSM MBA. Those undertaking an AGSM MBA each year form an exceptionally talented group of students from different backgrounds but with the common aims to learn, grow and succeed.
Once a part of this select community you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to set new directions in your life.
Want to know more?For more information about AGSM MBA program, please submit an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
Application and Admission Requirements
The MBA Program is designed for those looking to take their career to the next level. It is ideal for those who would like a fast promotion in their chosen career, as well as those who would like to thrive as an entrepreneur or move into a different industry. Candidates should be intellectually very capable, experienced and highly ambitious.
There are two pathways into the AGSM MBA program:
- A good undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification), minimum GMAT score of 550 and a minimum of 2 years professional or managerial work experience.
- At least 6 years professional work experience and a minimum GMAT score of 550.
In addition, students must be able to conduct vigorous classroom debate in English and international applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their complete applications well before the 1st or 2nd round deadlines to avoid any possible delays pertaining to a visa application.
The AGSM MBA Program takes between 65 and 90 students, so competition is fierce. To be successful, candidates must demonstrate excellence across the entire application.
Admission to the MBA Program will be determined over three rounds, currently scheduled for 1 June, 2 August and 1 October 2010.
AGSM MBA Program structure:
The AGSM MBA program is generally completed in 16 months. The program has a two-stage structure: the core phase and the elective phase.
Stage 1 – 9 core courses completed over 2 sessions
Foundations of Management - An intensive 3-week core course which provides an overview of the role of a general manager and the skills you will need to be a successful manager. The course will develop your team skills, leadership capability, communication skills, and managerial effectiveness. There is a specific focus on business ethics and the role it plays in equipping managers for business success.
The remaining core courses are:
- Data Analysis and Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
Stage 2 – 7 elective courses completed
over a maximum of 2 sessions
The elective phase provides an opportunity for students to tailor their MBA experience. Courses may be chosen from the following areas:
- Accounting - e.g. Financial Statement Analysis
- Finance - e.g. Venture Capital Finance, Financial Strategy
- Marketing - e.g. Integrated Marketing Communications
- Organisational Behaviour - e.g. Leadership Concepts and Skills
- Statistics and Operations Management - e.g. Statistical Modelling and Forecasting for Business, Supply Chain Modelling
- General Management - e.g. Managerial Decision Making, International Business Strategy
During the elective phase, students may apply to go international exchange program at one of the AGSM MBA program’s partner schools in Europe, North America and Asia. These partner schools represent 28 of the world’s leading business schools including London Business School, Wharton, Stern (NYU) and ESADE. Internships, management projects and individual studies in management may also be undertaken during this phase.
Advantages of the AGSM MBA Program:
- You’ll be studying in Sydney; financial capital of Australia and gateway to Asia, the world’s fastest growing economic region.
- You’ll study alongside the best and the brightest. The GMAT average in an AGSM class room is 655. Quite simply, our classrooms are filled with the highest calibre students.
- You’ll be taught by a globally renowned faculty that combines industry experience and active research agendas with impressive teaching abilities.
- You’ll be studying with a business school recognised by Forbes as the top business school in Australia and Asia and the 9th best non-US business school. (Forbes Magazine, 2009).
- You’ll make powerful connections with international recruiters and corporations.
- You can draw on the powerful global and business network of 11,000 alumni across 68 countries. One in five of our alumni are in VP positions or higher in their organisations.
- You have access to exchange programs with other leading business schools across the world.
- Benefit from courses offered at our Hong Kong campus and through other UNSW postgraduate programs.
- You’ll live in one of the best cities on earth – Sydney. The Kensington campus is five minutes from Coogee Beach and offers a lifestyle second to none.
Expenses / Tuition Fees
For 2010 the fee per 6uoc course in the MBA program is $3,810. Approximate tuition fees for students commencing their MBA in 2010 will be $60,960. Fees for courses offered in 2011 will be available at the end of 2010.
The Australian School of Business
AGSM MBA and AGSM Executive Programs have more than thirty years’ history of leadership in Australia. AGSM programs are recognised internationally for their rigour, relevance and the unique student experience provided for students and course participants. The Australian School of...
MBA Reviews by students
Find out more about this AGSM MBA program - Simply fill out your details: