Want to receive regular updates on MBA programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Executive Master of Business Administration
Focussing on International Business and Technology Management, the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) is a professional Master Degree program for mid to senior managers/administrators. Participants can complete the program in a minimum of 12 months if they follow a fast tract strategy, alternatively some participants will complete the coursework in 12 months and then take another 1-3 months to complete a company research project (regular track).
Advantages of the EMBA
- Provides an opportunity to practicing managers to develop intercultural, analytical, leadership, and business process competencies.
- Continue working while taking Friday evenings and Saturday module courses.
- International experience with two offshore courses (each one week intensive) in two Asian countries (rotating between China, Korea, India, Vietnam, etc.).
- A residential course (one week intensive) in Hua Hin or Phuket, Thailand.
The EMBA program follows a holistic approach by integrating knowledge and practices across various types of market contexts, business functions and strategies.
To develop the managerial competencies of mid to senior level executives of domestic and international companies in manufacturing and service industries and staff of diplomatic missions, the program will focus on developing 5 competence bands:
- Intercultural competencies for communicating, negotiating, inspiring, mentoring, leading, integrating, consensus building in teams and change management.
- Analytical competencies required for problem analysis, forecasting, decision making, designing corporate and business strategies.
- Judgmental competencies for resolving ambiguity, complexity and information asymmetry.
- Business process competencies required for planning and implementing functions such as innovation and product development, technology and manufacturing, branding, marketing and sales, human resources management, finance and logistics in small, medium and large companies.
- Organizing competencies for managing and running high tech companies, joint ventures, trading and manufacturing companies, overseas ventures, contract operations, and service organizations.
A truly international EMBA
Application and Admission Requirements
For admission to the EMBA program, AIT requires the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution or corporate university
- Minimum 5 years work experience as an executive or senior staff
- Proof of proficiency in English
The selection to the program will be based on several criteria including academic qualifications, experience, professional accomplishments, level of responsibility of the applicant and statement of purpose. An interview will be arranged before the final selection is made
The competitive advantage of AIT’s EMBA program:
AIT’s EMBA program’s competitive advantage lies in it being truly international; in their global approach to the curriculum, their faculty and their student profiles and their 2 international course weeks in other Asian countries. Not to mention the fact that the EMBA’s schedule allows busy executives the possibility to complete the EMBA program in one year.
Benefits of the EMBA at AIT:
Small Class Sizes in a Multicultural
Averaging 20 international students per course, you will belong to small classes that enable teachers to know their students well. This environment offers enormous opportunities for executives and managers from a variety of countries to exchange their knowledge, broaden their understanding and multi-cultural management experiences.
Global Network of Colleagues
You will become part of a strong network of over 14,000 alumni from 79 countries who are involved in exciting careers in management, entrepreneurship, government, education and leadership positions.
EMBA Program Schedule
The EMBA Program is one year long, with 3 modules of 12-15 weeks each with breaks between each module. A final research project is required. Except for the two international weeks, and the residential week all EMBA classes will be held at the AIT Campus in Bangkok.
Expenses / Tuition Fees
The cost of the program is Thai Baht 900,000 which includes tuition fee; registration fee; books and course materials; two international trips and one residential trip in Thailand. 900,000 Thai Baht is roughly 27,235 at the time of publication.
Tuition and fees are payable in four instalments. Payments may be made in Thai Baht or equivalent US Dollar.
Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
The School of Management (SOM) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is Asia's pioneer business school for graduate studies offering Ph.D., MBA and diploma programs. AIT provides exceptional individuals with a supportive environment in which they can develop their...
MBA Reviews by students
Find out more about this One year, EMBA program - Simply fill out your details: